Hardware System Integrator @ Apple
Hardware System Integrator
The Devices Division is seeking an enthusiastic electrical engineer for the iPod/iPhone/iPad Accessories Engineering Team. This is an individual contributor design engineering position. The job entails working with cross-functional groups to continually push the envelope of technology implemented in Apple products
The ideal candidate is someone from a consumer electronics background who has designed high volume, low power, high quality products. A strong focus on product design as well as attention to detail is essential.
• Schematic capture
• Manage PCB layout design
• Prototype bring-up and debugging
• Functional verification
• Signal characterization
• Hardware bug tracking
• Working with and managing suppliers/manufacturing partners
• Manufacturing bring-up & support
Required Experience or coursework:
• BS EE
• 2+ years overall experience needed
• Must have great EE fundamentals
• Must have hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support
• Experience designing high volume products and dealing with contract manufacturers
• Experience in small embedded systems, especially 8-bit and 16-bit micro-controllers
• Experience in the following areas is important: processor selection, various communication protocols (especially USB, SPI, I2C and UART), analog design, audio design and measurement, sensor design & integration and low power circuit design
• Experience in the following areas is desirable: DC/DC power design, Bluetooth & WLAN radio integration and video electronics design
• Tools: Cadence Concept & Allegro
Position will require some international travel.
Contact Josh Richardson <> and mention PKUAANC.